Most of us men are impatient, when we want something we want it now and we don’t want to wait around for it to happen, our facial hair is no different!
Here we have the ultimate beard growing tips to encourage beard growth and helping to lead us to world domination – beards are bang on trend right now.
4 Lifestyle Tips To Encourage Beard Growth
It is worth pointing out that some of the world’s most famous bearded men like the king of style David Beckham don’t have beards that just simply grow. Their beards are well-looked after, cared for and maintained regularly and here is how you can grow an epic beard too:
Our grooming routines can help our beards to grow faster and heres how:
- Skincare: If your hair follicles are blocked then this make its harder for your hair to grow, as the dirt and grime on your skin can push against the growing hair. For tips on good skin regimes, see our ten tips to better skin post.
- Stimulate: You can stimulate your facial hair to grow by massaging your hair follicles to increase blood flow to the area. Massaging your face wash into your face using circular motions is a great way to stimulate blood flow to your hair follicles.
- Shaving: Theres an old myth that states shaving causes your hair to grow faster which has yet to be proven but none the less, it may be worth a go… Make sure you let us know if it works for you.
2. Dietary & Medicinal Vitamins
A great way to increase facial hair growth is to ensure your body is getting enough of what it needs:
- Biotin, otherwise known as vitamin B7 is a essential vitamin for hair growth when ingested. Biotin can be found in nuts and raw egg yolks. To see an effect you must consume biotin consistently over a long period of time.
- Vitamin B5, B3 and B9 are all vitamins which help to increase blood circulation around the body, thus increasing blood flow to the hair follicle. This vitamins can be found in several food sources: fish, beef, chicken, avocado, egg yolks, milk and whole grain foods.
- Vitamin A is found in many vegetables such as carrots and broccoli and many leafy green vegetables and is essential for maintaing healthy hair follicles.
- Vitamin C is great for boosting your immune system – a healthy immune system is essential to stimulating hair growth. The vitamin can be found in tomatoes, potatoes and green peppers.
- Vitamin E is another vitamin involved in the stimulating of hair follicles and maintaing a healthy immune system. This can be found in nuts, beans and leafy, green vegetables.
3. Healthy Lifestyle
It kind of goes without saying that maintaining a healthy lifestyle increases the rate your hair grows at, below are some ways you can help maintain it:
- Plenty of rest is essential as when we sleep, our body grows and so does our hair. On average, you should be getting around 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Quit smoking, a great way to help stimulate hair growth. Smoking has a negative impact on our immune system which we know to be important to hair growth.
- Keep calm, as stress has a huge impact on our health and not a good one at that. Keeping calm in stressful situations or taking up a relaxing activity is a great way to make sure you’re not having a negative impact on your body by getting stressed. Stressed has been proven to have a negative impact on our immune system, which is important for hair growth.
4. Hair Growth Agents
Growth agents are a great to incorporate into our daily lives to stimulate hair to grow:
- Eucalyptus containing creams or moisturises are great way to stimulate facial hair to grow, as they create a more suitable environment for the hair to grow.
- Cinnamon Powder and Lime Juice mixed together is a great remedy to stimulate hair growth. Mix one tablespoon of cinnamon with two tablespoons of lime juice and apply to face for 25-30 mins, then rinse with cold water, pat dry face and apply moisturiser. For optimum results, repeat 2-3 times a day.
- Amla Oil and Mustard Leaves is another great remedy thats been pasted down from generate to generation. Mix 1/4 cup of Amla oil with 3 tablespoons of mustard leaves and blend until a smooth paste has formed. Apply to face, leave for 20 minutes and then rinse with cold water and pat dry face.
There you have it, the ultimate lifestyle tips for fast beard growth.
Leave a comment in the comments section below and share any tips, experiences or products you recommend for you beard.