We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that we should never skip breakfast. However, many people fail to set their bodies up for the day by eating a breakfast with little to no nutritional value.
Here are our 8 healthy, fat-burning breakfast ingredients and foods to set you up for the day and help shift some lbs.
8 Best Fat-Burning Breakfast Ingredients
- Avocado – there is a massive food trend right now centred around avocados and rightly so. The avocado is a great healthy breakfast ingredient but also a great fat burner. An avocado contains a carbohydrate which decreases the amount of insulin released from the body whilst also enhancing calcium absorption which is crucial for weight loss and fat burning.
- Peanut Butter – a favourite of most people’s, peanut butter is a great source of mono-unsaturated fats a great source of fuel for the body and aid in weight loss.
- Honey – a great natural sweetener but also a high natural source of nitric oxide metabolites, fundamental to the release of fat from cells in the body which store fat.
- Oatmeal – this carb is slowly digested by the body, making it a great healthy, fat burning breakfast ingredient. It helps to keep insulin and blood sugar levels low resulting in fat burning.
- Salmon – fish is a great idea for a breakfast ingredient. Salmon is a rich source of Omega-3 which decreases the bodies ability to store fat.
- Eggs – the staple ingredient of breakfast. Not only do eggs support the burning of fat in the body, they are also linked to a decrease in snacking throughout the day, meaning you consume less calories.
- Olive Oil – another breakfast ingredient containing mono-unsaturated fats but also linked to an increase in healthy cholesterol (HDL).
- Grapefruit – this breakfast ingredient has been linked to insulin levels, the common fruit decreases insulin levels and decreasing fat storage.
Why not try incorporating some of these ingredients into your breakfast or try making a meal from a couple of them?
A great breakfast idea would be salmon cooked with scrambled eggs on toast (for best toasters review click here), using olive oil with some avocado on the side or some peanut butter on some wholemeal toast.