Blackheads will never be a good look for anybody and lucky for us men, we don’t have to just put up with them. Getting rid of blackheads is relatively easy, with nose pore strips being the best way. We’ve reviewed our favourite nose pore strips to save you the time and money.
If you’re still in 2 minds about finally doing something about your blackheads then just know that blackheads can give people the wrong impression of you for starters.
Blackheads can give the impression that you’re lazy, that you don’t take care of yourself or that you’re unhygienic. We’ll be the first to admit that we’ve judged people based on the condition of their skin – first impressions count! The sad truth is that you can be the most well-groomed guy and still have blackheads, you need to start treating them.
At the same time, we understand that some people are just more ‘follicular” challenged than others when it comes to blackheads – life can be so unfair sometimes.
With this in mind, we’ve done some research and testing of our own to determine the best nose pore strips on the market to help you shift your blackheads.
Best Nose Pore Strips For Blackheads?
We’ve done all the hard work for you in terms of finding out what the best nose strips on the market are – we’ve done a lot of research based on customer reviews and even tried the products out ourselves.
Our friends over at T-zone sent us over these nose strips to try and we really recommend them. Us at GroomingMail have tried both cheap and expensive nose pore strips before and have to say these are right up there but reasonably priced, win-win situation. There great at deep cleansing, unclogging pores and preventing spots and acne (which can be a nightmare when on your nose!). The reviews on amazon are positive for these too, most people are heavily recommending these like us.
Derma V10 are another highly recommended nose pore strip product. The reviews on amazon claim that these products work great and are “great value for money”, “amazing” and “same quality as more expensive alternatives”.
You can pick these up from £5.75 for 5 packs of 6 – a great price for a great product.
Doing a lot of research on the internet lead us to Biore, a lot of people are heavily recommending these nose pore strips. Bioré claim that “in just one use, Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips are effective at getting rid of pore-clogging build-up, dirt and oil that can cause blackheads.” and the reviews do seem to back up what Biore’s claims.
The only negative is probably the price, these strips will set you back £5.32 for a pack of 6 – a lot more than the 2 above.
How To Use Nose Pore Strips
- Like with any regime, you need to prepare your face to clean out as many pores as possible – this includes ensuring your face is freshly washed. The best time to use the nose pore strips is after a steamy hot shower as steamy, hot showers help to open up your pores.
- After washing your face, you should pat drive your face but make sure you face is still a little damp but not wet. This step is key as the wetness “activates” the strips. Failure to do this will result in the strips not working.
- Leave the strip on your nose for up to 15 minutes, you will feel the strip harden with time and your nose become rigid and stiff – remove the strip when movement around your nose becomes totally restricted.
- Slowly peel away the strip and you should see the pore-clogging build-up on the strip – grim but atleast you can see it working.
- Wash face with cold water to close pores and moisturise.
For optimum results you should be doing this every 4-5 days, more frequent use can result in damaged, sensitive skin.
Most people see using nose pore strips as a fix to blackheads, when this is often not the case. Nose strips are a great way to cleanse your pores but unless you reduce the size of your pores, they are likely to ‘fill’ again with excess oil and dead skin. You should be using these strips in conjunction with reducing the size of your pores.